Working Within and Outside of the Family

Working within and outside of the Family can be a very hard thing for most people. Oftentimes it is hard to find a balance between work and spending time with your family. Work is something that most people can't avoid and shouldn't avoid. Working can be such a blessing for so many people. The money that comes from working can help provide needed income for many families. Despite what you think there are many more benefits that can come from working besides just getting paid.

 As a kid, my parents taught me the true importance of hard work and I am so grateful I had their example. As I have probably mentioned in my previous blogs I am a sixth-generation Montana rancher. This has blessed my life greatly! Growing up I was able to work alongside both my parents. My mom was a teacher at my school. As a result of this I got to watch her dedication to helping kids and all the time and effort she put into it every day. My dad is the owner and operator of Flint Creek Quarter horses and the S diamond bar ranch. This meant that he worked at home outside with the horses or on the ranch every day resulting in us working right alongside of him from sunup to sundown. This gave me not only my love and appreciation for my parents and the livestock that provided our family income. This also taught me the importance of being responsible, dependable, enduring to the end, giving a hundred percent in everything you do, time management and finding a career that you are passionate about and so much more. 

The majority of people that don’t get the opportunities to go to work with their parents and help them, learn these life lessons in many different ways. For some, it is by watching them work around the house or helping their parents build a birdhouse. You may think that making your kids work at a young age is not fair to them and takes away from their childhood. If this is an all-day every-day thing then that can be the case but for the most part, children love to help and it is critical in developing and shaping them into the best version of themself they can be.

As you can see an important part of children's development is helping and watching their parents work. It brings them a great sense of pride and accomplishment that they could not otherwise find. It is a struggle for many parents to find a balance between working and spending time with their families but it is very important that they find a balance that works best for there families.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roles Within a Family